If you came here, it must mean that you value your privacy.
We understand this perfectly, that's why we have prepared this document for you.
Here you will read about the rules for processing personal data in connection with the use of our website.
What personal data is collected and processed?
We will collect your Personal Information directly from you, your CV, from employment and/or educational referees and from other sources including when you apply for a job via our web site, from Social Media sites such as LinkedIn, Instagram, Facebook and Twitter or when you provide us with your details during a job fair, promotional, networking or any other event.
The categories of Personal Information we may collect include:
- your Identity (your full name, gender, date of birth and marital status);
- evidence of your right to work which may include a photograph, nationality, place of birth, driving licence, etc (in accordance with legal requirements);
- contact details including your email, home address and phone numbers;
- Payroll information such as: your national registry number, your social security details, your address, your seniority, your bank account number, your family composition, your date of birth, your phone number, your email address
- your job search criteria, preferences and expectations;
- your qualifications, skills, experience and training;
- current remuneration and other benefits;
- educational history;
- employment history;
- details of employment and/or educational referees;
- The name of an emergency contact person;
- other information contained in your CV or that you choose to provide to us (incl. information published on main social media websites);
Information about your health and/or judicial/criminal records will only be processed if this is relevant to your job application and in compliance with legally imposed restrictions.
To provide you with work finding services we will send you job alert or other emails matching your job search criteria and preferences. From time to time you may also receive job alerts or other emails which we consider you may find interesting.
If you provide us with information about 3rd parties, we will assume that the 3rd party in question has given you permission to do so and to Matassa Recruiting collecting, processing and transferring their Personal Information to the same extent as yours.
If you are a Client or supplier of goods and services we will collect and process information about individuals in your organisation to enable us to communicate with them and to provide our services or receive goods and services. Usually we process the individual’s name and business contact data only.
How we use your Personal Information
Your personal information will be collected and handled by us for the following purposes:
- to provide you with the services you expect us to,
- to register you as a candidate for work finding services,
- to provide you with work finding services including: sending you details of available job opportunities and job alert emails, providing career advice, providing your CV to clients in relation to their job vacancies / roles) and charging clients for placements we make.
- to respond to your request or questions when you contact us,
- to send to you other information – such as events or newsletters – that may be of interest to you
- to help us create, publish, and improve content most relevant to you,
- for marketing and communications, make suggestions and recommendations to you about other relevant services that may be of interest to you
- To deliver relevant website content and measure or understand the effectiveness of our advertising
- where necessary, to comply with any legal obligation or if we reasonably believe that such action is necessary to: (a) comply with the law requiring such disclosure; (b) protect the rights or property of Matassa Recruiting; (c) prevent a crime, protect national security or for fraud detection or prevention; or (d) protect the personal safety of individuals using our website or members of the public.
- To investigate issues, disputes and complaints between us, and between us, you and our clients and to seek to resolve them
- To administer and protect our business and our website (including troubleshooting, data analysis, testing, system maintenance, support, reporting and hosting of data)
- To use data analytics to improve our website, products/services, marketing, customer relationships and experiences
- To help us respond to queries, complaints or for other reasons such as responding to requests from regulators, government and law enforcement agencies
How long we store your Personal Information
The retention periods of your personal information depend on the respective purpose the data are processed for and the respective tool such personal information are processed in.
It is not possible to outline the various retention periods in a reasonably intelligible format under this Policy. The criteria used to determine the applicable retention period are that we will retain the personal information set out in this policy for as long as (i) necessary for the respective purpose, (ii) necessary to carry out our business relationship with you, (iii) you have consented to, and/or (iv) required by applicable statutory retention laws.
You can ask to be deleted from our database at any time by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org
Do we transfer your data outside the European Union?
Your personal information can be transferred and processed in one or more other countries, in- or outside the European Union.
Although we will do our best to protect your personal information, you should be aware that the transmission of information via the internet is not completely secure and we cannot guarantee the security of your personal information transmitted to the website or any third party; for this reason, any transmission is at your own risk. We will use strict operational procedures and adequate, technical and organizational security measures to prevent any unauthorised access, change, deletion or transmission of this personal information.
Your rights: How you can access, correct and delete your personal information
Under applicable data protection laws, you have the following rights:
Right to access and obtain a copy of your personal information: You are entitled to request confirmation whether we process any of your personal information. Where this is the case, you may have access to your personal information and to certain information about how it is processed. In some cases you can ask us to provide you with an electronic copy of your information.
Right to correct your personal information: If you can demonstrate that personal information we hold about you is not correct, you can ask that this information is updated or otherwise corrected.
Right to be forgotten/have data deleted: In certain circumstances you have the right to have your personal data deleted. You may make such a request at any time and Matassa Recruiting will evaluate if your request should be granted, however this right is subject to any legal rights or obligations we may have to retain data. For situations where in accordance with the law, we determine that your request to have your personal information deleted must be granted, Matassa Recruiting will do so without undue delay.
To exercise your rights, you can contact us at the following address:
Generally we do not rely on consent as a legal basis for processing Personal Information except in relation to sending direct marketing communications via email or text message.
However, where we are providing you with work finding services and when you have submitted your CV on our website, you will receive email marketing communications from us even if you have not given us consent as we rely on the ‘soft opt in’ form of consent.
You may opt out of receiving any further marketing communications by contacting us at email@example.com and providing the following information: your name, your email address, a contact telephone number, the marketing communications you would like to opt out of receiving.
Opting out of receiving marketing messages does not apply to:
- Personal Information that you have provided to us as a result of your request for work finding services;
- Personal Information that you have provided to us in connection with the performance of a contract between us.
We will never sell or disclose your Personal Information to any 3rd parties to use for marketing.
Questions, comments and requests regarding this Policy are welcomed and should be addressed to:
Matassa Recruiting S.àr.l.s.
Rue de Copenhague 18 L-8224 Mamer (Luxembourg)
+ 352 661 291 892
VAT N. LU31335575